At Gen Con this year, we conducted a vote on the future of the Ork Underground in Seattle, namely whether it would become an official district of the city of Seattle, with its own mayor and regular patrols by Knight Errant. While we are not ready to announce the results of that election, we have compiled some interesting facts for your amusement.
* Total number of votes cast: 446. We note that there were some individuals voting multiple times, some people voted without a valid SIN, and some voted without even a name. In other word, fraud was rampant, and we would have been sorely disappointed if it wasn’t.
* We can announce one total right now: Dunkelzahn for President received two votes.
* Interesting names on ballots included: Ayn Rand, Steve Kenson, User_McUser, Ghostwalker, Teddy Ruxpin, Serrin Shamandar, a suspiciously large number of high-profile Republicans, Kellen Colt, Mel Gibson (who did not, as it turns out, have a valid SIN but still voted three times), Joe Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo, Hugo Strange, Tommy Two Tone, Twilight Sparkle, Deus, Angus Anger-Issues, Quinn Harleach, Reginald Buggery, Leroy Jenkins, Evil Vile Vial, Laura Palmer, three dragons besides GW, and, inevitably, Bubba (along with Bubba Fet).
* Interesting SINs include “yeah right,” “meow-meow-meow,” “awes-ome-riter” (submitted by one of our dedicated freelancers who unfortunately did not have space for that extra “w”), and “erased daily.”
* Many shadowrunners need better fake SINs than 1111-1111-1111 or 0000-0000-0000. I don’t think they qualify as Rating 1 even.
We look forward to sharing the final results of the vote with all of you in the future!